Monday 15 February 2016

Reflection

Sometimes we have no control over obstacles that life throws at us.  Life doesn’t run smoothly all of the time, and you should always expect the unexpected nothing can be perfect and plain sailing. 

It’s almost 12 months since I was paid off from the job that I loved, the people I enjoyed working with and the life I had in Aberdeen.   Then to loose my 2nd job working in a beautiful city which challenged and motivated me.  There has been days in the past 6 months where I would quite happily lie in bed and not participate in life and for those close to me they know  I found last year very challenging and difficult.  My life changed so much and I made a number of mistakes that I am paying the price for as well.

The past month I run myself right into the ground, tired, exhausted, constant migraine’s I couldn’t shift, not sleeping, not eating, emotional mess and then something happened that I didn’t see coming which added more stress to the situation.    The last 2 weeks I have had to take some time out from work, training, nutrition and just life in general for a much needed rest and refocus.



Someone told me last week that although things seem really bad now, 12 months down the line I will laugh about it, and everything is just magnetised because its all come at once. 

I still believe there is always a positive (not for every negative) but a positive worth zoning in on to bring you out of the hole.  One thing for sure my positive I have no control over and as they say everything happens for a reason. 

The past 2 weeks has made me realise that if something is bothering you, there is no point ignoring it because it won’t go away and you need to address the issues for change to happen.    I am always telling my clients the same thing when they embark on lifestyle changes, so I guess I need to listen to my own advice!


No comments:

Post a Comment