Saturday 16 April 2016

Strength | Patience | Belief

‘Sometimes you have to die a little on the inside first in order to be reborn and rise again as a stronger, smarter version of yourself’.


Everything in life is temporary, when it rains, it stops raining.  Everytime you get hurt, you heal.  After darkness there is always light.

When I reflect back on my quest to be a mummy and the 7 years I spent trying to conceive.  I never thought I would ever get over the ordeal of IVF and the heartache it brings.  I didn’t think I would be able to be around a pregnant woman without breaking down.  I thought I would never get over leaving a hospital 6 times without a baby – but somehow I did.

Sometimes we are stronger than what we give ourselves credit for.

Last year was extremely challenging for me, my life changed dramatically and all due to reasons beyond my control.  I went from having an amazing job, working in a beautiful country,  being with someone I love, passing my NVQ, a thriving new business, stunning home, having a lot of disposable income to loosing my job, having to return from Vienna, a relationship break down and moving to a new city and on top of this dealing with some personal health issues.

What had I ever done to deserve this?

Today I was chatting to someone who had also had a tough year with some similar experiences.  They had also been living a fantastic life, which slowly crumbled, but that person told me instead of focusing on all the negatives they looked at what was good about last year.

Last year I passed my NVQ and was accepted to do my Masters Degree.  I passed my Y3T and Sports Nutrition Level 5.  My business turned over an annual profit exceeding 1st year forecast by almost 50%.  I got my first staff job in 10 years, and was lucky not to be out of employment for more than a few weeks.  I raised over £3,500 for the assisted reproduction unit, which went towards the purchase of a test tube incubator which in turn is helping other couples conceive.  I raised just under £2,000 for the Lily Foundation running a half marathon on fuck all carbs 5 weeks out from the British Finals.  I won the Scottish UKUP and went on to win the British Finals.


In the end good things DON’T come to those who wait, they come to those who are patient, working through good times and bad, for what they want most in life. It’s about courage.  It’s about being scared to death and then taking the next step anyway. Sometimes dreams just take a little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment