Tuesday 16 December 2014

Flat as a pancake

Two weeks back into training and I am feeling the frustration of not being able to train the way I use to!!!

I will be 4 weeks post op tomorrow so decided this week to test the waters with some upper body.  I spent the session focusing on tempo and muscle under tension and playing about with posture.

Dumbell front raises - 2kg 4 sets 20 reps (no bother)

Dumbell lateral raises - still not ready for this so opted to do it hanging diagonal from the smith machine and my range of movement wasn't effected... Again stuck to the 2kg, 4 sets 20 reps per arm.

DB alternative Curls 4kg, 4 sets 20 reps per arm (no bother)

DB Hammer Curls - as above no bother

Tricep S- Bar push down anything above 5kg and I was feeling it Abit in the chest.

I tried the db shoulder press movement and I just don't have good form or range of movement at all!

Am going to chip away at this over the next 2 weeks hopefully by the 28th il be fine to get into comp prep training mode!!!!

As mentioned the next 2 months are crucial if I want to compete late spring / early summer!  I can't wait to get back into training!!!!  In a plus point my legs are looking really good with the change in training at the moment ESP hitting them 3/4 times a week!






No comments:

Post a Comment