Sunday 7 December 2014

The Return

As the title suggests yesterday was my first day back at the gym!  Originally I had decided I was going to go in do some cardio and stretches.... But after 10 minutes of pedalling I opted to do a leg workout.

10 minutes Bike
10 sets of 20 rep body weight squats focusing on squeeze and tempo.
4 sets of body weight walking lunges 20 per leg.
Leg Extension again focusing on tempo
Leg Curl again focusing on tempo
Inner Adductors
Finished off by 10 minutes on the stair climber!

It's amazing how challenged I felt just focusing on tempo, pausing, and visualising the muscle movement.  My 70 minute session saw me burn 521 calories on my heart monitor and today I have Glute DOMS!

Although I have missed the gym recovery was the most important thing for me, the last thing I wanted to do was go back too soon and pick up an injury or prevent the healing process ESP after last weeks stitch bursting drama!


No comments:

Post a Comment