Saturday 18 April 2015

Sweet Potato Stovies

I love stovies!!!! Recently I noticed friends of mine using some healthier alternatives to stovies however the macros were questionable.

I love a good recipe and tasty meal for pre and post workout so the macros have to be spot on for this!



I decided to tweak the recipe quantities and ingredients to get the macros to fit a good pre workout ratio.  I always try to aim to have between 40-50g carbs pre workout and "complex" around 90-120min pre workout, I reduce my fats and up my protein in this meal.

Here is my Sweet Potato Stovies Recipe!

900g of Sweet Potato Chopped and Mashed
2 tbsp of Tomato Purée
750g of Lean Beef Mince (less than 5%)
100g Chopped Red Onion
2tbsp Rosemary
1 teaspoon Miced Herbs
1 Whole Egg
2 tbsp Wooster Sauce

1.  Fry Chopped onion in low calorie olive oil cooking spray
2. Boil the sweet potato and mash
3. Brown the mince and add all remaining ingredients
4. Mix the sweet Potato and Mince mixture together
5. Split into 5 portions

Macros:

Protein: 42.9, Carbs 39.8g & Fat 7.3g

398kcals




No comments:

Post a Comment