Wednesday 29 April 2015

12 & 15 Week Plans

Many people embark on a 12 or 15 week plan with the purpose of reducing weight and body fat.

At Nemesis we get a high volume of client enquiries about our plans, and a lot of people are under the misconception that they can achieve their dream body within 12 weeks.  We get all our clients to to tell us what their short, medium and long term goals are and this is split over 12 months.  Short being the 12/15 week plan they will embark on, medium up to 6 months and long term taking them to 12 months.

In reality it took me 2 years to get to a point where I was genuinely happy with my body.  After this 2 year period I started to sculpt my physique to what it is today.  Am I happy with my current condition? Yes I am, but I know I can still improve!  - there is always room for improvement.

Twelve week plans should always be looked upon as a short term goal / building the foundation for your long term goal.  An example of this would be one of our clients who wanted to loose 20lbs over 20 weeks - a sensible goal.  After this she will be continuing her plan with us to sculpt a toned physique taking her up to the 12 months.  This is a client who will succeed because her goals are realistic and achievable! she is also not putting herself under any pressure to get the goals fast.

On another note we see clients who complete a 12 week plan and then go onto manage their own diet.   Which is great! it means that we gave you all the education and knowledge to manage your own diet which is exactly what we want to do at Nemesis.  However for some they still can't manage their diet effectively on their own, and this isn't anything to be upset about.  I had a coach for 18 months before I was able to manage my diet myself.

It is upsetting to see a client who has done so well after a 12 week plan, give up structure completely that then leads to weight / fat increase and they have undone all the hard work that they put in during the 12 weeks.

Structure and consistency is the key to fantastic results, if you remove it progress will slow.  Even if you do become flexible in your diet and training, providing their is structure you are not going to loose what you achieve.  Look at the week ahead and your weekly calories, factor in 10% of those calories as a 'treat'.  This doesn't mean treat every day, but perhaps a reward 'treat' meal on a Saturday? Hit your training - and hard, give it your all, don't miss sessions.





No comments:

Post a Comment