Saturday 18 April 2015

Week 33 - Progress Update

After debating over the past 8 weeks if I would compete this year or not I have decided to step on stage in July.  There is afew comps in July that I have had a look into (UK & Abroad).

I am happy with my off season progress.  I remained lean throughout never going above 14.5% body fat.  I managed to get up to 400g of Carbs per day without spilling over too much and only gained 2cm on my waist over a 7 month period.  My weight rose from 130lbs to 145lbs at the highest.  I also had 4 weeks of no training (operation) and 6 weeks of slowly easing back in.

My cut has been very slow this year, I wanted to glide into comp this year without putting myself under pressure like I did last year.  I have already had a stressful year with loosing my job, and then finding a new job but relocating to Vienna along with starting a new job role.

Officially I am 12 weeks out, and as of tomorrow everything is dialled in.  Alcohol out the window, and treats will always be super clean alternatives.

This week I have been back in Aberdeen and hitting the gym twice a day, its been great being around supportive people and because I haven't been around much people have noticed a difference in me and have been very complimentary which has really helped in boosting my confidence with how I am looking.  I must admit off season I did find hard when I was feeling down about the mirror reflection.

Twelve weeks gives me plenty of time to make more improvements to my physique, although I am happy with my leg progress, I am still concerned about my shoulders and its an area I am concentrating on.  I never usually train chest much either, but will now be incorporating this twice a week which in turn should assist bringing my shoulders on.


No comments:

Post a Comment