Sunday 11 May 2014

UKBFF Scottish Championship

After 20 weeks of following a strict training and nutrition plan, I finally made it to stage and competed in my first competition.

I didn't start out on the plan initially to compete, this ended up happening half way through my training plan which was to become lean and retain muscle mass, something I had previously struggled with, but thanks to Andy Rennie I managed to succeed!

For someone lacking confidence, constantly doubting myself and repeatedly analysing how I looked I really don't know what happened for me to overcome stepping on stage... in fact I do... a few glasses of pinot before stepping on stage!!!

The 2 weeks prior to the competition was exhausting and I was literally walking around like a Zombie. I rarely slept due to worrying about going on stage despite being happy with how I looked on the final week.  For me the most daunting part of the weekend was the Posing Workshop the week before, it was the first time I had ever done any posing in front of anyone, but lucky for me the workshop actually re assured me and helped ease my nerves.  Although nervous on the morning of the competition I defiantly was not as nervous as the day before.

I loved the whole experience and I can't wait to do it all over again!










No comments:

Post a Comment