Sunday 24 May 2015

Prep Update - 8 Weeks Out

For those of you who follow me on instagram you will have seen afew of my latest pics where I have mentioned I am not as lean as I would like to be at this stage.

Hands up, I have not been doing as much cardio compared to last year.  This is because I had a better starting point this year for cutting and started leaner and with lower body fat than last year.  I am also very in tune with my body and I know that my body can plateau very easily, so this years prep was all about playing one card at a time.  I perhaps have played the cardio card abit later than it should have been played it!

I eased into cardio about a month ago, only factoring in 20 minutes of cardio after small muscle group workouts, Two weeks later I upped it to 30 minutes.  This week I am now doing 30 minutes of cardio at the end of each workout (I am currently on cycle 1 of my Y3T).  When I hit cycle 2, I plan to do 30 to 40 minutes of fasted cardio on the days I train large muscle groups, and then 30 minutes post workout cardio on the days I train small muscle groups.  On Cycle 3, I plan to do 30 Min fasted Cardio every 2nd day with PWO Sprints for 10 to 15 minutes at the end of each workout.  After this I will assess my cardio levels again.

Irrespective of me now upping my cardio, I have still got leaner in the waist, and my weight has dropped slightly each week along with my body fat dropping.  What I am chuffed about is my measurements on my chest, quads, calves and biceps have remained the same and pretty much the same since February when I started decreasing my calories.

My trouble area is my mid section, both of my last comps I was 10.1 and 10.2% body fat and ab wise I had 4.  My sister and friend Laura can get shredded with full obliques showing and 6 pack at 15% so it just goes to show that everyones different!

I compared some pics to last year when I competed in Bikini Fitness for UKBFF (Exactly a year ago today), and when I looked at pics ranging from 10 to 2 days out, what became apparent was that my abs started to show between weeks 6 to 4, so hopefully this happens again - but I am quite confident the additional cardio over the next few months will benefit me!

I am starting to get a lot more tired now and fatigued even with playing about with my macro ratios during the day.  The sleep monster has crept back into my life and i find myself having a snooze at every opportunity.

I did my measurements 2 weeks ago and since then there has been changes, however I knew this myself! Weight is down by 1 1/4lbs, waist in 1.5cm.  Chest/Back is up by 2.5cm!! boom.... and my hips, biceps and calves all the same but there is a slight change in my quads with a reduction of 0.25cm (am hoping its just mis measurement with placement of the tape measure).

I also got confirmation from Sammie at Sparkling Sapphire bikini's that she is starting my bikini in the next 2 weeks whooo!!! I can't wait to see it, all the bikinis Sammie has posted over the past year have been amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment