Sunday 31 May 2015

Week 39 - Prep Update - 7 Weeks Out.

At the start of the week I seen so much changes with my body.  I felt leaner, I looked leaner and my abs (4 of them) were pretty much out all day.  As the week progressed I just started to look less lean, a quick check of the diary and I realised that I would be coming into the week most women dread.

For most women they are bloated throughout that week, I am bloated the week before.  It arrived sooner than I thought and it came with a 3 lb increase on the scales.  (Not happy), however I know that by Wednesday I will be back to looking good.

Carbs are dropped again this week, cardio has been increased each week as well.  Although the scales  gave an awful reading this morning, the stats more than made up for it!  Increases in my calves, quads and biceps (slight but an increase never the less) and my measurements are down in my hips and waist #boom  Back/Chest remains the same - but I am fine with that as the last few weeks it has been on the increase anyway so I expected it to slow down.

Seven weeks to go, and each gym session I am getting stronger and feeling more challenged.  With the carbs going down you have to start thinking out of the box with carb dispersal throughout the day At the moment I am mainly protein / fat meals all day right up until mid afternoon, when I start back loading the carbs for my workout.  If I was back home I would be removing the post workout shake for food, but since the gym is 30 to 45 minutes away from the apartment in Vienna and to factor in potential issues like trains being delayed etc, I am opting to keep this shake in.

I am in a better place in regards to how lean I am getting now, it can take up to 2 weeks for afew hard weeks worth of work to reflect on my body so persevering and trusting the process is vital to my progress.

Home on Friday for a few days to pick up my new car! and also to attend my friend Donna's 30th!  Prep should never stop you having a social life or alienating yourself from your friends.  I eat out as close as 2 weeks before prep.  When I eat out I only look at the Vegetarian Menu and if I see any dressings or sauces I just ask for them to be removed when ordering.  Don't order food with the intention to remove certain items when the dish arrives... because temptation is staring you in the face!

On Sunday Sharon, Laura, Donna and I are going for pancake breakfast! This is my last treat during the final phase of prep and I am so looking forward to it!  Again as I mentioned above never sacrifice your friends for prep, although I am going to have to watch them gorge into stacks of nutella pancakes, I have made the decision to have some as well, when they are getting 5 pancakes, at ordering I will be asking for just the 2 please.

Enjoy your weekend x

No comments:

Post a Comment