Thursday 18 June 2015

The Highs & The Lows

This week has been my best week yet in terms of "mirror progress" however its also been one of my lowest weeks. 

Cardio is now permantly twice a day. Morning Cardio lasting anything from 30 to 45 minutes. On leg days post workout cardio is moderate intensity around 20 to 30 minutes, and upper body workouts consists of 15 to 20 minutes PWO HIIT Sprints on the Treadmill. 

 Carbs are 140g this week, then 130g next week before starting to go into High, Mod, Low carb cycling for a further 2 weeks before I start my depletion. I am hungry, but not to the point of starving, just that I know am hungry and I am grumpy because of it, and the best solution for that is just to sleep or shut myself away. 

 Unlike other people who do comp prep I can honestly swear on the bible that I am not craving naughty food, but I am craving a right good feed! I would pick a good nutritious meal over "shite food" anyday. I want 24 hour marinated chicken in spices, baked slowly in the oven, with copious amounts of Harry Ransons Sweet Potato Chip Recipe (check it out). A full plate of grilled marinated vegetables, some fage yoghurt for dipping those chips into and melted grilled mild cheddar. For desert I want my Nutella fage Sundae with lots and lots of fresh fruit, pineapples, strawberries, rasberries, melon, grapes. 

 I think the reason I dont crave too much "shite" is because am terrified of the stuff. It was that "shite" that made me overweight, unhappy, tired, riddled in cellulite and feeling worthless - so why would I want to binge it. I am happy to say I am able to control the "shite", so perhaps with my Nutella Fage Sundae I would throw in some ferrero rouche! 

Worst part of this week is I should finally find out if my contract over in Vienna is being extended. I have managed to secure a part time job in the UK but its not doing what I do, its only part time hours and the wages (well lets not even go there) but its a job and it cant be sniffed at. I am abit worried about the job situation but I am trying to think of it in a positive way. If I dont get my contract extended then I am only 3 weeks out from comp and have plenty of time to chill and focus on that without being stressed at work as a carb deprived zombie.

 I think the final 6 weeks of prep are actually the hardest. I struggled at this point the last 2 comps and am struggling again because I would rather be one of these people who hibernates for 6 weeks than put on false pretences that prep is easy at this stage. 

 Last nights back session my head just wasnt in the game, and thats when I start to hate prep, when I start to dread going to the gym because I feel shitty. Last week I did a good few double sessions so that my training lined up with Andy so he could help me push through my sessions during this hard stage, and it is working (I am getting shouted at alot though). Those 4 abs are out all the time now, which is pushing me through, but I feel flat and depleted already which gets me down. The mind games are well and truly kicking in. 

 To finish this post on a high note, Sammie emailed me to say my Sparkling Sapphire Bikini is finished! I love it! I can't wait to see it next week when I return back to the UK.


No comments:

Post a Comment