Sunday 7 June 2015

Six Weeks Out - Progress Update

This week I returned to the UK to collect my new car (love it! Pics below) and of course as usual hit my training hard! 

Every day I smashed 2 resistance sessions and cardio. I am defiantly getting leaner and I am a lot happier with my mid section this past week. My 4 abs are out all day, every day now and I am in fairly good spirit for only being on 150g of carbs. This Sunday marks the start of some carb cycling for the next fortnight, with High and Moderate days based on muscle groups, and a low day for non training day. 

The past week I have also been upping my posing practice, as I mentioned before posing is my weak area, and I know on stage you have around 10 minutes to shine and nobody knows your journey prior to you stepping up so posing has to be nailed. I do feel a lot more confident especially the change in category from Bikini to Fitness / Figure. I just always felt really awkward in the bikini category with the provocative moves (hair and heel flicks, winking etc) it’s just sooo not me at all, and if I feel awkward it’s only going to show to the audience and the judges. I love training and pushing myself and sometimes I felt I wasn’t bikini but yet I was still too small to be in the figure and fitness categories. I always think federations change the goal posts for bikini requirements. They want you to be soft, but still have muscle? One qualifier the girls are soft, the next qualifier for the same federation they all look hard. Some bikini girls I think should be in figure categories (recently I have seen bikini competitors with bigger shoulders and quads than some girls in the figure and fitness categories!). It’s a really subjective category and I do think stage presence play equally an important role with aesthetics. 

The great thing about training abroad is when you come home people notice a difference in you, and this weekend I had a good few compliments about my appearance which am chuffed about, because for a while I was really worried I wasn’t progressing and some days I just felt really fat and bloated. The next 2 weeks in Vienna is ‘Boot Camp’ which will take me to 3.5 weeks out at the end of it, and I am super confident I will lean in over the next few weeks to where I want to be. Given the outside temperature is 30 degrees most days here and the gym has no air con and is around 50 degrees I should have no fucking excuse for holding any water because it should be sweated out after every session!

 I never took any measurements this weekend, there was too much factors that would affect the readings, so I will do this on Sunday instead, however here are some progress pics!






No comments:

Post a Comment