Tuesday 15 July 2014

Beauty Regime

When I was 8 weeks out from my last competition, I stumbled upon a blog post by an American Bikini Competitor regarding how important it was to up your regular beauty regime during the final cutting phase to ensure your skin and face looked good on the day.

I have to say at even 8 weeks out I was starting to look a bit gaunt with black bags and circles under my eyes.  I also noticed that my hair wasn't shinning how it use to either.  This was mainly down to stress, worry, low carbs and irregular sleeping patterns!

I already have a really good beauty care regime, but after reading her article I noticed similarities in what she mentioned happening to me - now the good thing about changing your beauty care is that you get lots of points on your boots card! especially if you time it right with triple points day!  I got a bottle of Miss Dior out of my spending spree!

This is what I did 8 weeks out from comp every day until I was a week out from comp, I will share my beauty regime for the final week when I get to that stage at the end of August.

Full Body Moisturising

Previously I moisturised once a day, this was changed to twice a day. 

Morning

I love Argon Oil, it does wonders with my skin.  If you have never used this before I highly recommend introducing it, as the effects are immediate.  Argan Oil is pressed from the nut of the fruit from the Argon tree.  Its full of essential fatty acids, anti-oxidant's vitamins and minerals which promotes your overall health!  It also protects your face and hair from sun damage!!!  I used this every morning after the shower.

Evening

After my evening shower I would use Johnsons Baby Oil, including my feet!!!  and I would sleep in full length PJs and with socks on to retain the moisture!

Hair Masks

I have hair extensions in, and it isn't recommended to wash them every day.  I tend to wash my own top half of my hair every 2nd day, and the extensions twice a week.  When I do wash my full head again I use Argan Oil!    I love Organix Moroccan Argan Oil, I shampoo, then put conditioner on, brush it through and pleat then I chill out in my hot tub for 30-45 minutes before washing it out.  I then let my hair dry naturally for abit, adding more Argan Oil Protection serum to my hair (away from the bonds if you have extensions) and then blow dry on a cool setting.


Face Care

We all have our preferred skin care brands and regime when it comes to our face.  I love Bobby Brown and Estee Lauder.  It is crucial you cleanse, tone and moisturise each day and ensure you remove your make up!  Now I am one of the gym make up wearers! I always make sure I remove my make up immediately after a gym session to prevent clogged pores.

I do recommend changing your moisturisers to one that contains Vitamin E, and also making sure you are using a Vitamin E Eye Serum! trust me you will need it!!!

Abbey Clancy was on This Morning a few weeks ago and she said that the reason she has good skin is down to Bio Oil.  Once she has completed her beauty care in the evening, she waits an hour and then just before she jumps into bed she rubs Bio Oil into her face, she said it's the Bio Oil that gives her amazing skin and the dewy look!   I did this and now always do it!


Your BOOTAY

So you spend a few days a week working on your glutes, then you get up on stage in a very small bikini - you want that bootay looking amazing! 

In the mornings after my application of Argan Oil Moisturiser, I then rub Soap & Glory Sit Tight firming lotion all over my glutes and hamstrings.  Its a firming lotion for people who spend most there day on the ass!  When massaged it stimulates circulation and visually smooth's out the skin.

In the evening after I oiled up, I would then rub Garnier  ultimate beauty oil skin perfector with Argan, macadamia, almond and rose oil into my glutes and hamstrings.


Exfoliation

Its the most important part!  I exfoliated every 2nd day using Soap & Glory, I would chop and change between the Sugar Scrub and the Breakfast Scrub.  I hate exfoliation scrubs that have hardly any gritty segments in them, as then I rely too much on the exfoliation puff or brush which sometimes can be just too rough.  By using these scrubs you can do it by hand without the need of a brush!


No comments:

Post a Comment