Tuesday 15 July 2014

Chicken & King Prawn Spinach Curry

My friend Lyn send me a fantastic E Cook Book by Greg Johnson! I love it and totally recommend that you get a copy!

The book is full of very quick, simple clean recipes.  I have made quite a few over the past week, and manipulated them to suit my taste buds or my macros!

This is my version of Greg's Chicken & King Prawn Curry, and the macro's quoted are based on the ingredients I used and 4 portion sizes.

Ingredients


25g Coconpure Oil
100g Tesco Red Onions
33.3g Asda Red Chillies
1.6g Schwartz Ground Ginger
2 tbsp. Curry Powder
5g Schwartz Coriander Leaf
400g Asda Diced Chicken Breast
180g Asda British Spinach
15g Asda Fresh Coriander
180g Asda King Prawns Cooked & Peeled
300g Veetee Dine in Thai Jasmine Rice

Method


  1. Melt coconut oil in frying pan, adding the onion, ginger and chilli and stir fry for 2-3 minutes
  2. Add curry powder and cinnamon then stir fry for a further minute.
  3. Add chicken pieces, 400ml of boiling water and spinach and cook for 15-20 minutes
  4. Add prawns 5 minutes before the end of the cooking
  5. Season well and remove from heat (using remaining seasonings)
  6. Garnish with chopped coriander

Macros


383 Kcals
9.9g Fat
30.4g Carbs
4.5g Fibre
43.6g Protein


No comments:

Post a Comment