Friday 16 January 2015

If you have to treat.... Think Smart

As some of you may know I am coaching Laura through an 8 week programme in persuit of her abs!

Laura loves a desert and cake - and don't we all!!! However I am being really tough on her over treats as I feel she can over indulge at times with little self control.... You give her an inch she takes a mile.

Last Saturday - LESS than a week ago I made Laura a lovely nutella and almond protein cheesecake.  I chose not to tell Laura the ingredients because she told me she didn't like nuts but couldn't be specific why she didn't!  I made the base out of ground almonds and chocolate almond butter and topped the cheesecake with a drizzle of melted nutella!

She was genuinly shocked when she found out she had consumed nuts and that she liked nutella!!!

We women have hormones to deal with when that menstrual cycle comes round and we crave all these sugary delights!  I told Laura that through prep when this happened to me I had a TEASPOON of Nutella in with my fage.

On Thursday the menace Laura told me she had a sweet craving so consumed a box of Nutella and Go!!! #ragingmad... This 8 week plan isn't about "fexible dieting if it fits your macros" 



Self Control is one of the hardest things to tackle! I always use to think, you either have it or you don't.  I certainly never use to! However self control has gradually crept upon me when I started to realise the importance of hitting my personal goals.  For Laura it's all about finding a healthier alternative to kerb these cravings!

Take for instance my  "fage sunday" I use 150g 0% fage, 15g Nutella, 150g rasberries and 1 mini crushed meringue! Yes it did peak my insulin slightly with the sugar, but macro wise a better alternative to "nutella and go"! I hit my protein, and got ALOT more to consume than a
Dob of Nutella and Afew shit carb biscuit sticks! My desert also looks tonnes better!

Other alternatives would be to remove the nutella and meringue and replace with honey and fruit/nut seed mix! Or how about bake a protein brownie then mix it in?!








No comments:

Post a Comment