Thursday 29 January 2015

Ruled by numbers


A wee update on Laura and her mini 8 week plan for a fitness photoshoot!  This week she is half way through her programme, and 4 weeks in is making fantastic progress.  Her body fat has reduced by 2.5%, and she has even managed to slightly increase her muscle mass along the way.

 

Although I am a firm believer in tracking progress to keep morale and focus.  One of the reasons I failed on numerous attempts in the past to lose weight was because I never tracked anything other than scales.  When I started taking weekly progress pictures and measurements I noticed changes every week – but some of those weeks the figure on the scale actually went higher or stayed the same.    

 

I always get criticised by my coach by constantly telling him the figure I am on the scale and not practicing what I preach! However I weigh myself daily out of habit not because I am obsessed with the figure, its just part of my daily routine ‘OCD’.

 

I am at a point now where numbers really don’t mean anything, and the mirror and how I feel about the body dictate to me how I am progressing, but for people embarking on change it isn’t easy doing it this way and they need the numbers to spur them on and keep them motivated – but trust me there will come a point where numbers will not rule you, this also goes for food tracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment