Sunday 31 August 2014

Scottish Fitness Nutrition Exhibition #SFN



Today my sister Shaz and I headed for a road trip to Glasgow to attend SFN Exhibition.  



It's the first fitness exhibition of it's size in Scotland.  Although nowhere on the scale of Body Power, I reckon this event shall shall get bigger each year!

There wasn't as much exhibitors there as I thought there would be however all the big brand name were with some fantastic savings!

I have every faith that next years exhibition if it goes ahead shall attract more exhibitors - Especially based on the publicity this weekend via social networks!

The down side to this weekend was seeing my FB littered with alot of negative comments over the exhibition being small (as mentioned above come on it's the 1st year! Start small get big) and some of the companies that were exhibiting selling "useless" products... I agree completely however any person with sense can surely see it's a gimic! And anyone taken in by it clearly needs there mental sanity questioned!!! 

I am more disgraced over the people writing the negative comments as oppose to the content, these people are PT's / people well know in the fitness industry....  

Whilst training to do my Level 2/3 PT course nearly every page on my course work is about positivity and inspiring.,. Where is the positivity in condemning an exhibition which is in it's 1st year and where nearly everyone worked for free that day and put in so much hard work to make it what it was?  

Although for me there wasn't much to see, the people I spoke to today was amazing everyone was so friendly, positive, happy and interested! That's what it should be all about!!! And that's what made the journey and the exhibition worth while!

In regards to comp prep which I noticed a lot of negativity towards based on the seminar speakers.... Well each seminar I attended they started off saying "this is what I did, this is what works for me, it may or may not work for you" .... Or there is no study to back this up this is my opinion.... Etc etc

In this industry everyone has an opinion, everyone has a way that worked for them.... What works for one doesn't for another and as Jamie Alderton mentioned there isn't a piece of paper written for a comp diet everyone can follow... Everyone's bodies are different!!!

Super inspired by everyone I met today, and although sometimes it's overwhelming where you are in a room full of opinions and their own ideas with conflicting information to digest, you do really have just to remember that you need to listen to your own body and make alterations and work to a programme suited to you! Don't let someone with an opinion change your opinion do what you believe in! 

Lots of note taken today to digest and understand!

Oh Afew pics from this weekend! 





No comments:

Post a Comment