Tuesday 9 September 2014

Comparisons


I thought it would be interesting to make some comparisons on my statistics from both comps. 

As you all know I originally spent the first 6 months of this year training for Bikini.  Feedback from the judges was that I was too muscular and had posed myself out of bikini and that I would be better suited to the Body Fitness category.  I had a look at the remaining qualifiers and decided to hit the Birmingham show on the 7th of September.  It was the most accessible show from Aberdeen with direct flights to Birmingham, in reality it probably would have been more beneficial to hit the last qualifier and give myself more time!

I only had 13 weeks to train for Body Fitness.  I somehow managed to make a 1.5kg Muscle Mass gain even on a deficit?!! I also managed to drop my body fat by 0.4%.  Although I weighed more than at the end of my Bikini comp, I came in leaner, and looked better! – PROOF the scales don’t do the talking and the mirror does!

In regards to my Body Fat Percentage…. The stats above are based on In Body Readings as oppose to my calliper readings.  When I stepped up on stage in May my calliper reading came in at 10.2%, and on Saturday it came in at 10.1%.  Body Fat readings are never 100% accurate and you should track progress using the same method all the time!! This allows you to monitor progress accurately.  I tend to get both an InBody and calliper reading done at the same time and then I do an average between the 2 figures.



No comments:

Post a Comment