Wednesday 19 November 2014

COMPARISONS - WEEK 1 V WEEK 10

One day out from my op, so I thought it would be a good idea to review my statistics and make some comparisons throughout my reverse dieting phase.


I always track all my stats weekly, in order for me to see progression and alter my macros where required.  As well as calliper tracking every so often which is the most accurate way to track bodyfat, I also use 'In Body' which is a more an 'easy convenient' way to track my progress. 


In Body analysis uses state of the art direct segmental multi-frequency bioelectrical impedance to examine the composition of your body, it reveals your percentage of body fat, muscle distribution, and body water balance.  I wouldn't completely agree every time with the results as there is so much factors which can effect the results.  However on a few occasions it has came back with very similar readings to the callipers.



The day before I stepped up on stage I had a Calliper reading done of 10.2%.  Four days post stage I had an In Body Reading done that placed me at 12%.  I doubt highly that my Body fat had increased by 1.2% over 5 days!  However the readings were done to mark the start of my reverse diet. 


As mentioned before if you want to monitor progress you need to be consistent, weighing yourself on the same scales, at the same time / frame each week, taking measurements from the same area, photographs done in the same lighting etc.


The factors which may effect my readings are, that in September I did my In Body reading at 4pm, by that time I had consumed 5 of my meals, had already done 2 workouts.  My reading done this morning was before I had ate or drank and was at 6am.  Another factor to take into account is it took me approx 5/6 weeks to reverse diet out of my deficit, and onto a calorie surplus, so in reality I have only been in a surplus approx one month, to build any 'gains' as everyone says.


Comparisons


10th September V 19th November.
  • Weight has increased by 5lbs
  • Body Fat was 12% now 13.4%
  • 0.8kg of Muscle Mass Added
I thought I would post the below comparison photographs, which shows how weight on a scale means nothing over body fat / tape measures and the mirror.


During recovery I tend to keep proteins and fats high, and reduce my carbs slightly, I still want to keep my calories as high as I can. Another goal during my off season was to keep my body fat under 18%, last year I started cutting at 20%.  I also want to keep a calorie surplus going as long as I can, possibly until the end of February.  However all this pre planning is dependant on my recovery!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment