Saturday 21 June 2014

Fage V Asda Fat Free Greek Yoghurt

I am very wary about the cost of food when on plan.  I don't pay any attention to cost when it comes to meat, but things like vegetables, fruit, yoghurt, supplements and protein I do.

One of my friends commented on me spending £1 for a 170g of Fage 0% Fat Free Greek Yoghurt, when the asda equivalent for 175g was 50p! - She had a point!!! 

On further inspection the macros are different... but her point was still valid... the Asda yoghurt had way more sodium, less protein and slightly more carbs.... but I could have slightly more yoghurt from the 2nd tub I would purchase to equate to the price of the Fage to make up for the lost protein.

Next step taste!  I have to say both tasted really good in there own right, the Fage defiantly has more a thicker consistency but this will be down to the extra protein!

I think I will stick to my Fage, but for those on a budget its defiantly worth a swap out!


No comments:

Post a Comment