Thursday 12 June 2014

Surround yourself with like minded people....

Surround yourself with like minded people.... I always do this! and in doing so I rarely experience any negativity or 2 faced people.  There is nothing I hate more than negativity, its draining and exhausting.  I am sure you can all relate to someone you know, who you avoid because they are completely negative and drain all the life out of you! 

I love things to do with psychology, alternative therapies and horoscopes! Again going back to like minded people, there is nothing I enjoy more than speaking about the above topics with my friend Laurie who is so in tune with these areas in life and her body!  She is the most positive person when it comes to things that are unachievable!  She always knows a way to overcome it or take another approach to dealing with the issue!  

I met Laurie almost 5 years ago, we did not have any of the same friends in common and had never met one another before.  We worked together for a week (I had started at the company she worked at) and she spoke to me at the end of the week on a works night out.  Within minutes into the conversation she asked me a few upfront questions, asking if I was married and if I had kids.  I replied yes and no with no further detail.  She then said along the lines, its just I sense some heartache there with having a family.  After that I was hooked.. with very limited information she could read me like a book.  I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason, and I think I was destined to meet Laurie at that time in my life.  I was really down and depressed from all the failed treatment, and she introduced me to some alternative therapies such as Angel Healing, Reiki, Acupuncture that really helped my mind and to get me back on track.

Bad Experiences always effect your mind-set, but overcoming this is really hard.  For me, my IVF experience changed how I view things in life.  Previously I would get angry over the smallest trivial thing, everything was blown up to be a drama.  Also if I had an opinion on something I would argue it out trying to force my opinion on others, be narrow minded and in the mind-set that what I think is right and nobody else's opinion or view mattered.

When I addressed my problems and realised change was needed these therapies assisted with changing my mind-set and most importantly becoming a better person! I no longer get wound up over small things, I always look for the positive in everything.  If someone gives me an opinion on a person or product, I take it on board but I still make my own judgement, but I try to see it from there point of view as well, I also find I sit on the fence a lot more than I use to.  I also give everyone a chance, regardless of someone's past or how they have treated someone else. 

At work this week there was mandatory training on people behaviour and changing culture, areas that I am completely intrigued about.  I loved the people behaviour course and changing mind-set.  Although I was already aware that change to mind-set takes 21 days of regular repeat, it was interesting to see that her take on a balanced person was someone who had a pendulum effect, they would swing between positive neutral and negative.. and I think that pretty much sums up my mind-set.

With the changing culture course the main message throughout the course was to reward, discuss, mention successes which encourages positivity, don't focus on the negative.  We are now encouraged at work to fill out a card where we notice an achievement or good piece of work or action that someone has taken, the view is when someone received recognition it makes them perform better - and I truly believe that.  A compliment is the greatest thing you can give anyone.

My friend Katrina has lost a lot of weight over the past 2 years, she looks amazing! and I have told her this time and time again, constantly telling her how good she looks, I have also given her some of my clothes I purchased but never worn as goals to get into along the way and guess what .. the targets helped her smash her goals! I have known Katrina since I was 17 years old and the past 2 years I have noticed a huge change in her positivity, how she approaches life and most of all her confidence!  Although I am always telling her I don't agree that she chose to use weight watchers to reach her goal... I am fully supportive of the positive of this negative which is that she achieved her goals, persevered and looks amazing!





No comments:

Post a Comment