Sunday 12 October 2014

Lainey's Turkey Pumpkin Chilli

I am not the biggest fan of red meat, so I opted for lean turkey mince, however I am going to try this recipe again next weekend using Piedmontese Mince from Andrew Gordon www.freshfoodguru.com (trust me if he had been open today I reckon I would have opted for Piedmontese!)

Anyway ... back to this recipe! Extremely simple to make and brilliant macro's!  If your having this post workout i recommend using some basmati rice for simple carbs! for any other meal time slot why not change out rice for Quinoa like I have done??? 



Serves 6 People!

Ingredients

1 green pepper chopped
1 red onion chopped 
800g Asda lean Turkey mince
1 table spoon Schwartz cumin
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
25g Jalepino Peppers
1 1/2 Tins of Chopped Tomatos
400g of Pumpkin Puree
1 Cup of Water
1 Tablespoon of Chilli Powder
1 Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon of Pink Salt
100g Red Kidney Beans

Method


  1. pour the Olive Oil into the pan and heat
  2. Add the onions and peppers and simmer for a few minutes
  3. Add the turkey mince and cook until browned
  4. Add all remaining ingredients
  5. Simmer for 30 minutes

Macro's






No comments:

Post a Comment