Wednesday 22 October 2014

Quad Progress

There is no denying that as this year has progressed my legs have got better and better!  Legs is one area I enjoy training.  There is only one excersize I am not keen on and that is deadlifting, but I am slowly changing my mindset on it, after seeing improvements in my glute hamstrings.

In my current programme I am doing alot of straight sets, however every week I have been throwing either a rest pause set in with my leg extension or  a superset with walking leg extensions on my hypertrophy days.  I have also been finishing up on Donkey Kicks and Handing Leg Raises with ankle weights which are all contributing to bringing my quads and hamstrings through.

With my op fast approaching, I am giving each gym session my all!  I plan to take a weeks solid rest post op, and then get back to training legs the following week!  I won't be able to Squat or Deadlift for 4-6 weeks so any squats I do will have to be body weight, however I plan to get some good quad and hamstring isolation workouts on the go!   Plenty of rest pausing and dropsets!










No comments:

Post a Comment