Wednesday 15 October 2014

Yoga Update

This is now my 3rd Yoga Beginners class and I am hooked!  Its amazing how interested you can become in a subject when you click with the instructor!

I am almost at a point of managing downward dog with my feet firmly flat on the ground - this is a huge achievement for me as I lack flexibility.  When I was practising yoga myself, it took me around 6 weeks to touch my toes without the use of blocks, however now with Jenny explaining better what I should be doing and feeling, I managed to touch my toes on the 2nd attempt (and I haven't practised this posture in months!)

What I love about Yoga is it can be treated as some 'me' time and as a therapeutic treatment, I have started looking foreword to Wednesdays and at the moment its my favourite day of the week! huge shocker for me as usually my leg session with a back 2 back step class has been my favourite for the past year.

Hopefully I can get to a point over the next few weeks where i feel confident enough to go into an all level Yoga class and practice a few times a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment